Great Gatsby 1st screening...

Okay went and saw The Great Gatsby for the first time...

Initial thought - It wasn't like Inception where it kicked my socks off, but it was good and well drawn out. I liked the fast pace intro and the slower and more in debt ending.

I did miss though. Wanted more Leonardo. I felt like he was the same character as in Django Unchained. He was good but not great. He was classical Leo but nothing more. I mean what more can You ask, but he has had better role-plays than that.

Jay Z was the producer. I liked the soundtrack, wasn't highly hooked on it, but I liked, could have been a tad better. The production was good almost great. But I feel like this movie was made somebody who was influenced by someone who is not good at movies.

Directing was cool. I really liked the directing. Everything was smooth. Transitions, actors, lines, editing, cuts were also on point.

Wanted some more acting though...Acting I though was not on bar....casting was fine but acting could have been a little better...

Liked the first car scene were Jay tells who he is to Nick.

Liked the scene with Myrtle in the beginning. Chapter 2.

Liked all transition scenes. Liked the trumpet player and the streets, the city was awesome, the shots and the 3D aspect, even though I didnt see it in 3D, but I want to - with decent 3d classes of course.

I guess at one point all movies grow up....But this one didn't have enough vintage feel for me.

Even though I will go see it again and again.... Cuz I give a 4 out of 5 haha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Roots of Hip Hop